Skip to main content
What You Can Expect from Feist DentalDr. Jon and Dr. Jake believe that preventative care and education are the keys to optimal dental health and overall health. Feist Dental strives to provide “dental health care” vs. “disease care”; the team will focus on thorough exams – checking the overall health of your teeth and gums, performing oral cancer exams, and taking X-rays when necessary. Routine cleanings, flossing, sealants, and fluoride are all helpful in preventing dental disease. A review of your medical history will help keep the team informed of your overall health, any new medications, and any illnesses that may impact your dental health.
Your Feist Dental Team will include the following at all regular check-up exams:
- Dental Radiographs: X-rays provide early detection of decay, tumors, cysts, and bone loss that cannot be seen in a visual exam. X-rays also help determine tooth and root positions.
- Tooth Decay Exam: In addition to your x-rays, all tooth surfaces will be checked for decay with state-of-the-art decay detection instruments.
- Gum disease evaluation: Your dentist and hygienist will check the gums and bone around your teeth for any signs of periodontal disease.
- Examination of existing restorations: Check current fillings, crowns, bridges and other dental work for fit, leakage, or unusual wear.
- Oral cancer screening: Your dentist will check your face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums for any signs of oral cancer.